- Gainful employment, as of tomorrow
- Not being late for my dental appointment (by the skin of my teeth *hehe* NOTE TO SELF: walking to Lochee High Street takes 40-45 mins at a sensible pace, not 30 mins, and your feet won't thank you if you do it wearing patterned net tights!)
- Clean bill of dental health
- a proper cup of tea and a toasted cinnamon and raisin bagel
- 4 books for the price of 1 new one in the British Heart Foundation Charity shop - the first two volumes of the Dark Tower
series by Stephen King, a Georgette Heyer (one of her murder mysteries rather than a Regency romance but nevermind, next thing I'll be reading Dorothy L. Sayers, given half of stylishly_yours
's obsession with Harriet Vane!), and a random impulse buy, The Nightingale's Nest
by Sarah Harrison, because I've never read any of her stuff before.
- Finally reading the Dune
books (I can't believe I've never got around to it before!), which are very thought provoking about religion and history and power, but still have great characters and plot. Okay, so they fall down a bit feminism-wise but we can't have everything, and I *heart* Duncan Idaho.
- Autumn - the trees outside my bedroom window are beautiful shades of orange, red and yellow, and the weather is bright and sunny and cool, perfect for knee high boots and snuggley cardigans.